Immigrate to Indonesia
Updated on Wednesday 29th June 2022
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
Foreign nationals may choose to immigrate to Indonesia for various purposes such as investment, employment or reuniting with a family member, should this apply in their case. Obtaining an immigration permit that will suit their needs is important and it is performed according to the local policies, a process that can be facilitated by our team of experts.
Obtaining the right type of visa (for short business purposes) or an immigration permit (for lengthier business purposes) is a key step for foreign investors who are interested in company formation in Indonesia. Our packages suited to foreign investors also take this aspect into consideration and a member from our team is able to answer any questions of you plan on relocating to the country for investment purposes.
Immigration in Jakarta for investors
Foreign nationals who enter Indonesia are expected to apply for short-term visas as well as long-term ones that will then provide them with the opportunity to apply for the permits needed to remain in the country for longer periods.
The main types of Indonesian visas that foreign nationals can apply for are the following:
- Business: there are two possibilities, the single entry visitor visa (B211A or B211B) or the visa on arrival;
- Investor: the temporary stay visa for a maximum of one year (C313) or the temporary stay visa for a maximum of two years (C314)
- Work: the temporary stay visa for work, which allows the holder to engage in various types of activities;
- Other: study, family reunification, retirement, meetings, scientific research, and others.
Investors who are interested in immigration in Jakarta for the purpose of incorporating a company here, can apply for the investor visa and/or a temporary stay permit with varying validity as needed. Our team can provide complete assistance during the application process, in addition to the services we offer for the incorporation of the business. With our help, you will be able to arrive in Indonesia, in Jakarta, or another chosen city, and start the company formation process.
Investor visa requirements
Individuals who wish to migrate to Indonesia for company formation purposes can first apply for a temporary visa for a foreign investor with a maximum of 2 years. The following requirements are in place:
- Recommendations: a recommendation letter from the competent authority in the investment field is needed, as well as a guarantee letter from the Guarantor; our team can give you more details about this requirement if you wish to immigrate to Indonesia in order to invest in a certain field.
- Identification documents: copy of a valid passport with a validity period of at least 30 months;
- Proof of income: the applicant must show that he can sustain himself/or family while in the country; at least 1,500 USD is required;
- Others: color photographs according to the specifications (color, with a white background).
Our team can give you more details about immigration in Jakarta and the temporary visa for investment purposes.
The Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration, under the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, established the following fees for the immigration documents:
- 500,000 IDR for the 30-day visitor stay permit grant;
- 750,000 IDR for the 60-day visitor stay permit grant;
- 1,000,000 IDR for the temporary stay permit for 6 months and 1,500,000 for the temporary stay permit for 1 year;
- 5,000,000 IDR for the permanent stay permit grant (ITAP) for 5 years and 10,200,000 IDR for the unlimited permanent permit stay permit grant.
Those who wish to migrate to Indonesia for investment purposes, as presented above, will apply for a combination of these permits and/or visa. The following may be required per each application:
- Visa approval;
- Temporary stay visa;
- Temporary stay permit (with a varying fee depending on the duration of the stay);
- Multiple re-entry permit (the fee also depends on the duration of the stay).
Fines are also in place for those who do not observe the permit policies. For example, foreign nationals who remain in the country for less than 60 days past the permit’s expiry date face a fee of 1,000,000 IDR. Please keep in mind that these fees apply if you wish to migrate to Indonesia, however, they can be subject to change. We advise interested individuals to reach out to our immigration specialists before making their submissions in order to find out the fees and how they are expected to prepare the documents for the permit.
If you choose to immigrate to Indonesia to open and run a company here, our team can assist you. We provide complete incorporation packages as well as virtual office services.
Contact us for more information about how we can help you.